Gateway 500S (GW53xxx)
Want to listen to hours (days) of uninterrupted music? Have a smartphone and want to use it in the car to listen to music? Already have a handsfree kit? We the solution for you. Easy to use menu browsing. All information is displayed on the screen or cluster display. Connect whatever music source you want to.
Gateway 500S is Dension’s premium interface and is designed to work with cars utilizing the fiber optic MOST™ system. Since there is no Bluetooth functionality in this version the feature set is a bit less, thus enabling a lower price.
- Easy to use interface with menu browsing and music information on your car display (including cluster) regardless of the music source
- iPhone 5 support through the 'Lightning to USB' cable (not included in the package)
- USB music playback
- The sound of phone music, videos, navigation, podcasts etc. come through the car speakers
- Phone battery charging on the go
- iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone compatible
- Aux-in available
- External device control through the original sound system controls
- Retain the factory look of the car but add new features
Single-FOT (lower price) and Dual-FOT (enables CD-Changer retention) versions are both available.
- Optical harness
- Power cable
- iPod Dock Cable
- Connector Port
- Installation and user guide
- 3G cradle (IP44CR9)
- DAB for Gateway Pro and Gateway 500S
How it works
The Gateway 500S works by emulating the CD-Changer in the vehicle and enables you to use the original radio controls.
It utilizes the MOST™ (Media Oriented Systems Transport) system, a high-speed multimedia network technology optimized by the automotive industry. The serial MOST bus uses a ring topology and synchronous data communication to transport audio, video, voice and data signals via plastic optical fiber (POF) (MOST25, MOST150) or electrical conductor (MOST50, MOST150) physical layers. MOST technology is used in almost every car brand worldwide, including Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo. SMSC and MOST are registered trademarks of Standard Microsystems Corporation (“SMSC”), now owned by Microchip Technology.
The Gateway 500S connects to the MOST™ ring as a CD-Changer therefore if you do have a CD-Changer already installed in your MOST™ equipped automobile and would like to use it after the installation of the Gateway 500S please choose the "Dual FOT" version of the device. If you do not have a CD-Changer or you do not want to use it any more the "Single FOT" version is just the right choice.
We strongly recommend having your device installed by a qualified car electronics technician. Dension does not warrant any installation work or assume liability for any damage caused due to negligence, improper installation or operation. Please find an installer in your region by clicking here.
The Dension Gateway 500S connects to the optical system of the car. While this does not alter the electrical system of the vehicle, the connection is not different to connecting other aftermarket accessories like phone kits, or other entertainment electronics.
- The installation of a Dension product does not require the modification of any electrical component of a vehicle.
- The installation of a Dension product does not require cutting cables, soldering, or any irreversible action to the wiring of the vehicle. (Except 12 Volts connection in some specific installation cases.)
- Dension products can typically be removed without any trace (e.g. in case the vehicle is sold), except from the mechanical installation of the cradle option (if used and installed certain ways).
- Dension also serves several car manufacturers as an OEM partner with products offering very similar features based on similar technology as the consumer products of Dension.
Smartphone compatibility (music playback only)
- iPhone 5 via 'Lightning to USB Cable' (not included)
- iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G through the iPod dock cable (included)
- Android (download the list of tested phones here)
- Blackberry (download the list of tested phones here)
- Windows Phone (download the list of tested phones here)
- Symbian (download the list of tested phones here)
- iPod nano 7th generation and iPod touch 5th generation are supported via 'Lightning to USB Cable' (not included)
- iPod Classic
- iPod (4th generation)
- iPod nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th generation)
- iPod mini
- iPod Photo 4G
- iPod Video 5G
- iPod touch (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen.)
Download the list of tested iPods here
Supported USB devices:
- USB: Flash Memory and Hard Disk Drive (USB ver. 1.1 and higher)
- File System: FAT16 or FAT32
- Storage capacity: up to 320GB music content
- Music Formats: MP3, WMA and WAV