Gateway Lite - GWL3xxx
The Gateway Lite is a basic car multimedia interface from Dension allowing music playback from a wide range of digital data sources.
Dension Gateway Lite is not only an interface but a car multimedia adapter offering full device control using the car radio buttons as well as device charging in the car.
Gateway Lite is a fully integrated, invisible solution that allows you to use your iPod, iPhone, Smartphone, USB and AUX devices in the car without changing the car interior.
Features and highlights:
- Music playback from portable audio devices
- iPod, iPhone car integration
- Smartphone, Aux and USB device connectivity
- Full device control with the original car radio buttons
- 1A iPod and iPhone charging by default
- 3.5 mm Aux-in jack (optional)
- Aux cable accessory broadens the device compatibility so any multimedia player can be connected to the system
- User friendly HMI ensuring high-class user experience
- Car side harness
- Installation and user guide
- iPod/iPhone dock cable (IPO5DC9 or IPDC1GW)
- 3G cradle (IP44CR9)
- Bluetooth iPhone holder for Gateway (IPH1GW0)
Click Gateway Lite BT to read about bluetooth handsfree version.
How it works
Control at your fingertips
When connected to the car Gateway Lite emulates a CD changer or an Aux input. The radio detects the music signal from iPod, iPhone or USB and plays it back through the car speakers.
Device control happens by the radio buttons and the steering wheel controls. Once you’ve selected the album you can select the track by using the FFWD button of your radio or steering wheel.
Every Gateway Lite comes with a comprehensive user manual but for quick start up just select the CD changer function; plug-in your iPod, iPhone or USB into the dock cable or cradle and enjoy the music provided by the Dension Gateway Lite.
For detailed user manual please check downloadable documents below.
Simple, seamless integration
Car electronic systems can be complex networks so Dension always recommends that you have your installation carried out by a qualified installer. To find a selection of suppliers and installers in your country/area, please click here.
The installation might vary slightly with different car models, but in each case, you will have either a cradle, or a dock cable to connect your iPod or iPhone to. USB and Aux devices are usually hidden in the glovebox but your installer will ask and advise as to the best place to situate your device in the car.
The Gateway itself is less than the size of a CD case and will be installed securely out of sight behind the dash. Dension products are all designed so that there is no need to cut cables.
Supported Audio devices
- USB: Flash Memory and Hard Disk Drive (UBS1.1 and higher)
- File System: FAT16 or FAT32
- Storage capacity: up to 250GB music content
- Music Format: MP3, WMA and WAV
- iPod Classic, iPod (4thgeneration), iPod nano(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5thand 6thgeneration), iPod mini
- iPod Photo 4G, iPod Video 5G
- iPod Touch (1st, 2ndand 3rdgeneration)
- iPhone, iPhone 3G / 3Gs & iPhone 4G, 4S
Covers all Gateway Lite, non-text Gateway 100, and non text Gateway 300 compatibilities except for Ford*. Click here for detailed car compatibility information.
|Gateway Lite 3 install guide|
|Gateway Lite install guide|
|Gateway Lite 3 user guide|
|Gateway Lite and Gateway Lite BT Firmware 1.10||
Contains compatibility details and step by step instructions on how to update.
|Volume configuration files||
For further details please visit our Knowledge Base section