Gateway Pro BT
Bluetooth handsfree, music and iPod, iPhone, USB music playback all-in-one interface
The Dension Gateway Pro BT connects iPod, iPhone, Bluetooth phone or a USB storage device to the original car radio, providing
- handsfree calls
- music playback
- menu based control and text browsing
- device charging (1A)
The Gateway Pro BT offers handsfree mobile call handling, and Bluetooth connectivity for music streaming (via A2DP). All controlled through the radio or steering wheel controls and displays your information on the cluster display (between the dials). The Bluetooth chip is installed on board.
How it works
Control at your fingertips
The Gateway Pro BT works like an interpreter between your devices and the car, converting instructions from the car’s controls into a language that your phone or iPod can understand and respond to. When connected to the car's audio system, the Gateway Pro BT (usually) emulates a CD changer, thus making those controls on the radio available to control the devices connected to it. Of course, every Gateway Pro BT comes with a comprehensive user manual, but in most cases, you select the CD changer function, and a series of menus are opened up for you to control your devices. The 'next/previous track' key and/or steering wheel controls.
Gateway Pro BT will also send all this information to the display in your car, which might be in the radio, the cluster display (between the dials), or the center console, so you can always see exactly where you are, what’s playing, or who’s calling you.
Gateway Pro BT incorporates the iPod UI mode which makes it available for the user to control music playback through the original interface of the device.
The Phone option provides full access to the phone book and call logs (received, missed, dialed).
Due to the longer car side harness the device can be installed in the glovebox.
- Car side harness
- Installation and user guide
- Connector Port (EXT1CP2)
- Dock Cable for 1A charging (IPO5DC9)
- 3G cradle (IP44CR9)
- Aux connection (through the Connector Port)
Supported Apple devices
- iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, and 3G
- iPod Touch (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4thgeneration)
- iPod Classic
- iPod (4thgeneration)
- iPod nano(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5thand 6thgeneration)
- iPod mini
- iPod Photo 4G
- iPod Video 5G
Supported Bluetooth devices
- a huge variety of Bluetooth handsets
- music playback through A2DP
- Android support (A2DP or 'Mass Storage')
Supported Audio devices
- USB: Flash Memory and Hard Disk Drive (UBS1.1 and higher)
- File System: FAT16 or FAT32
- Storage capacity: up to 250GB music content
- Music Format: MP3, WMA and WAV